Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's a....


Tuesday, February 21st, we were able to FINALLY go in for our big ultrasound! THEE ultrasound! It was very exciting to be there as a family... when pregnant with Penelope, Alan had to go on a last-minute trip to Mexico for a photo shoot, so I ended up having to go alone. I had asked the ultrasound technician to write the baby's sex on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope for me. Later that night, Alan and I chatted via Skype and we opened the envelope together. It was special to still be able to find out together... but being able to sit and watch the entire ultrasound together this time around was so much sweeter. Even more so that Penelope got to be there with us to see her new sibling.

What did we find out, you may be wondering? Well... we most certainly found out that we are having a human baby that indeed does have genitalia.... of the female persuasion!

We are having another baby girl!

We are very excited! I still would LOVE to have a little boy some day... but the thought of never having another baby girl was starting to make me a little sad. What is sweeter than a cute, little set of sisters? It makes me want to cry, just thinking of all of the sweet, tender moments they'll get to share (though I'm well aware that there will be some very NOT tender moments in there as well).



And here is her ultrasound image below... we were able to count all ten fingers and all ten toes. I was hoping to get a good profile image... but baby girl was being a bit too cooperative and just wanted to look at us head on :)





Penelope (affectionately) calls her "scary baby" ... this is also what she calls her Barrel doll (from The Nightmare Before Christmas). She LOVES her Barrel doll <3

No comments:

Post a Comment