Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love, Toilet Paper and Rock and Roll

HA! So I did get to this today... as I said in the earlier post - we've been busy busy busy! But you have to love it too, right? The day just goes by SOOO much better when you have things planned! Believe me - I've tried staying home all day with nothing planned. Penelope and I just don't know what to do with each other and we can't take it!
Last weekend we were invited to a Rock Star Birthday Party - it was a combined 1st bday party of two of Penelope's Mommy and Me friends, Brock and Karizma, who are neighbors and were born 2 days apart! Their moms had asked if I would be the paparazzi for the day, and of course I was delighted! Wed had lots of fun - Alan came too! Penelope wore a cute rock star tutu outfit that she had gotten for her birthday and we were able to comb her hair into a Mohawk :)




...funny thing is that before the party, we made a trip out to Brookfield to run some errands... we ended up stopping by Buy Buy Baby, as Baby super store similar to Babies'R'us... we were shopping around and a woman had stopped us and asked if we wanted Penelope's portraits taken for free.

Free portraits? Yes please.

They ended up having a little studio at the front of the store. The woman was training and was learning how to use the studio lighting. They happened to be having a deal where you received a free 8x10 collage and there wasn't any sitting fee.... and of course I was willing to help out to give the lady a crash course in taking portraits of a toddler :P
They didn't turn out too bad. Just a simply white background and my beautiful little Penelope in her punky outfit and hair and pink converse sneakers :). I'll have to scan them in sometime to share. I have to admit that I am reeeeaaaallllly not a fan of standard studio photos from places like this... and like Wal-Mart, Target, JcPenney and Sears... I just find them unattractive and not worth the money... because seriously?

Seriously?

They're terrible. But honestly... I kind of want to get Penelope's portraits taken at one to be purposely horrible. I can put her in a carters outfit that looks more like pajamas in front of a lovely nature scene (that's TOTALLY BELIEVABLE... I WOULD NEVER HAVE GUESSED THAT IT WAS TAKEN IN A STUDIO! ) Or better yet, I'll dress her up in a tiger sweater and have them sit her in front of a backdrop of a starry sky. I'll paste it in her scrapbook and order a million prints for everyone in my family.
I have to laugh. I really do love the ones like this that my family would get every year. Just because they're unbelievably cheesy. We would get Christmas photos done at Wal-Mart in front of a backdrop that looked like a living room decorated for Christmas. The fireplace was smaller than me... it was ::cough:: quite believable.

Anywhoooooo, that was my rant for the day... we had a great week. Penelope and I babysat the boys on Monday and Wednesday as usual. Tuesday we had our first play date - we had the second one today... we're going to aim to have one every Tuesday with some of our friends from our Mommy and me group.
Penny and I spent Thursday running errands, trying to find some fabric for my grandma to sew into table runners for our wedding reception. FOUND. It's pretty.
Friday all three of us drove up North, where we spent the weekend at my parents' house. We were able pick up Zoe on our way through Wausau, so her and Penelope got to spend the night playing together. They were SO freaking cute together! They talked together the whole car ride. Penny would be yammering about something and Zoe would laugh and say, "Penny, you're funny!" CUTE.
They spent the whole night running around and dancing in their jammies.



Saturday, my family threw a wedding shower for Alan and I. A lot of my mom and dad's family came to celebrate and we had a blast! My wonderful Aunt and Godmother, Linda fixed up her bar so that we could have the party there. So many people put a lot of hard work to see that the day went well and I am so thankful to have such a great family.






After the wedding shower, a bunch of us stayed and had a few drinks... others of us continued out to another bar down the road... and yet other of us continued to the after bar at a local's house... and yet others of us (mainly me) were still drunk when they woke up and were pretty hung over for the later part of the day. But it was all good. Long deserved and a lot of fun was had. I can honestly say that I had TWO drinks that night... the rest was given to me shot by shot. I can't tell you how many people I ran into that night. I felt like I was talking all night. It was like walking into Cheers... because everyone seriously knew my name and I was more than happy to shoot the shit with them.
Penelope woke me up at 8... it was so nice of her to sleep in an hour for her mommy... too bad her mommy didn't get to bed until after 4 (eeeeps!). But who was the first mommy up making breakfast for the hungry gang of toddlers at my parents' house that morning, hmmm? Yeah it was me :) ...hangover didn't start kicking until around noon! At least by that point, I was smart enough to eat something and take some ibuprofen.

It's only (maybe) the 4th or 5th time in my life that I've been hung over (and definitely not the worst)... but between that and day light savings time... I'm not sure if I'm still trying to catch up on sleep at this point or if I've slept way too much. Thank GOD I ended up not having to babysit yesterday. Definitely needed that day to be lazy so that I could be at least somewhat productive today! And despite still being way tired, I am pretty satisfied with what I have accomplished today: baby bath, cleaning, play date, laundry, diapers, lunch for Penny and I, wedding errands, dinner, and even watched a Shirley Temple movie with Penny bit by bit throughout the day.

Back to the grind tomorrow and Thursday we get to go back to our old Mommy and Me group at the Hospital! Mary Jo, the woman who runs the group, has asked me to come back to talk to the current moms about cloth diapering! Exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment