Thursday, March 3, 2011

So this past week has been a little all over the place. We surrendered Bailey on Saturday, which was a lot harder than I had imagined. I knew it was going to be rough, but I was devastated that first night. Bailey's foster mother was suppose to be there that day, but for some reason, she couldn't make it. Bailey had to go home with another woman for the night, and she took Bailey to her foster home the next day. I was sad I didn't get to meet the foster mom and the woman who took her home for the night crates her dogs. Bailey hates being alone, so I know she cried that night. Monday I received an e-mail from the foster mother, Elaine and that made me feel worlds better. Bailey is getting along wonderfully with her foster brothers and sisters and is adjusting well... and even shares the foot of the bed nicely with them. Elaine seems fantastic - it is reassuring to have Bailey under the care of someone I am comfortable with. She said that she'll send occasional updates, letting me know how Bailey is doing and, of course, let me know when she is adopted. From there, it's up to the adoptive family, if they want to give me updates - which I hope they do!

Monday I got a screw in my tire, and I had to go in to get it patched. That night I got a call from one of the families that I babysit for - they had heard of a woman who was looking for a nanny position from a friend and she was able to start immediately. They weren't expecting to find someone so fast, but it just worked out that way. I'm glad they were able to find someone though, I can't imagine how scary it would be to find childcare! I haven't even been brave enough to find someone to use as an occasional babysitter! So needless to say, Penny and I only work 2 days a week now for another friend.
We're learning to spend our free time wisely, though... Tuesday, I was very productive during Penelope's nap time:



Alan and I are habitual box savers - every time we purchase anything, we stash the box in the attic just in case it needs to be returned or if we need to store it in the future. The above house is made up of about 10 - 12 different boxes. Penelope LOVES it! She seriously screamed like a 13 year old with Bieber fever when she saw it. I have since added a floor so that she can't move it around - and it is now in her nursery with her kitchen set inside. I plan to add onto it eventually: some roof tiles, maybe a little chimney, window frames and maybe some siding... frame some pictures for the inside walls... lots of fun stuff to make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment