Tuesday, March 15, 2011

YUMMO YUMMO TODDLER and MOMMY FEAST

So we've been crazy busy (as usual)... and I'll get to that later today (maybe.... hopefully....). But for now here is a picture of the amazing sandwich I made for lunch today:



...and because I'm always interested in how things like that can be translated into a yummy toddler feast:


....and baby joyfully devouring said yummy toddler feast:


I've been trying to make a point of keeping better track of yummy recipes that we've tried and / or created. Keeping them all together in a book just isn't cutting it anymore...
I HATE those weeks when we just get too lazy to think of anything to cook for dinner, so we end up eating out or having spaghetti with jarred sauce. So I'm trying to document our meals better and hopefully it will be easier to keep a handy list of yummy and healthy go-to meals!

The above sandwich has (errr.... had) some serious yumminess going on. I shredded up a carrot (sliced for Penny) and mixed it with some hummus. Spread it on some whole wheat bread. Added sliced cukes, chopped olives, sprouts and some lettuce and voila! YUMMO!

For Penny, I just made some thin slices of carrots and cukes, spread some hummus on little squares of bread and added a few slices of olives for her to try. It was a hit! ...I also happened to give her some string cheese because she gets SUPER antsy while I'm making food... but that's not important...

No comments:

Post a Comment