Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No photo today - Alan had to use it for work... and he didn't come home until after Penny was in bed :(

Weaning, day 3 went well! I was afraid how it would go once another baby was around as Penny can sometimes fight for my attention but all of Ellie's toys kept her occupied well. She still asked a few times... and even had a bit of a melt down during the "witching hour" when we got home... so it was a good thing that Alan was coming home late today, I was able to make dinner early for her!

Penelope has been so awesome. I'm incredibly proud of how big and independent she is! She can feed herself with a spoon and is good about taking small bites of larger pieces of food. She can take her shoes off and can put them on by herself (on but now buckled). She can put her hat on and take off her shirt... if she has elastic banded pants, she can take those off too. She can wipe her own mouth and dry her hands when I clean her up after meals - she even likes to wipe down her place mat! I get to actually tuck her in at night now... I use to have to nurse her until she passed out and then quickly lay her down without waking her up. Now I nurse her about 45 minutes before bedtime and she plays nicely until it's time to tuck her in. Even if she doesn't seem super tired, she gets that it's bedtime and will let me lay her in bed - after giving Daddy and the puppies their hugs and kisses, of course. :)
She now sleeps all night - if she wakes up, it's usually around 6:30 ... if I nurse her, she'll go back down for another hour or two.

Love that baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment