Sunday, January 2, 2011

Put me in the Zoo


So my New Year's resolution is to keep up with this blog better. I find it comforting to be able to look back on my posts and see how the time line in my memory differs from reality. I hope that someday I can come back and reminisce about my sweet baby girl when she is grown... and I hope that she will be able to too.
Today we went to the Milwaukee County Zoo. I had actually thought that it was a "Family Free Day"... because it said that it was on their website... but apparently their website was wrong... we paid anyway and had lots of fun! It was about 19 degrees today, so we were sure to bundle up. Most of the exhibits have indoor areas, so we hopped from building to building, bundling and unbundling Penelope each time. With it being so cold, there were hardly an other people there - but the building were nice and warm. It was nice to be able to let Penelope run around and discover the animals on her own, on her own time without having to worry about her getting lost in a sea of people. I would have to say that the birds and the fish were by far her favorites.


You can see our new little friend in the lower, right corner of the above picture. His head just peeking over the corner of the plaque. He was so interested in us that he tried to squeeze his cute little head through the wires. Penelope kept grunting that she wanted to hold him.


We had to have spent the most amount of our time in the fish and reptile building. Penelope had so much fun standing on the window ledges and watching all of the fish, pressed up against the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment