Monday, January 3, 2011


Today Penelope got to run around "outside"! Well... kinda... we went to the Mitchell Park Domes for the day! Residents get in free on Mondays, so since I didn't have to babysit today we got to go! It was so nice to let her run around and get some fresh air - it's been too cold to even let her play in the snow. We had a few days that were in the 50's this past week, but those happened to be the days that she was sick!
Surprisingly, there weren't that many people at the Domes today... usually their free days can be a bit more crowded, but I guess everyone is worn out from the Holidays still. As for Penelope and me... we HAD to get out of the house. Alan went back to work today and we're also on day #2 of weaning Penelope off the breast. She was pretty upset when she couldn't find Alan anywhere in the house - she really liked having him home all of last week and 1/2 of the week before. Needless to say, she was pretty fussy all morning - so being able to get out and run around without having to pay admission or parking was a God send!

Day #2 of weaning is going well! I don't want to take it away completely yet... I'm still nursing in the morning and before bed. I haven't decided when I'll give those two feeding up yet. For now the goal is to not nurse during the day. Usually this just means that I have to be more creative to keep her active and to have a sippy cup of whole milk on hand. She actually only asked twice for it all day! Tomorrow will be the real test though as I go back to work. We'll see how well she does when she has to compete with another baby for my attention. She usually wants to nurse just so that I have to hold her!

No comments:

Post a Comment